Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian_m

Default Water Softeners and Water Conditioners

SNIP
It means (as examples) - water softeners and waste disposers

Look at

http://www.wessexwater.co.uk/uploade...15_ws_regs.pdf

SNIP

I think you lot are right, I should have informed my water company. (whoops
that goes along with the kitchen Part P violation of wiring it into an
existing switched spur in the kitchen !!). When I phoned them to find out my
water hardness, I did explain why I wanted it, but they never mentioned I
need tell them.

They know my address as houses in my area are supplied from two different
sources depending on address and have different hardness. I am supplied from
Twyford and at 19 Clark. (You can visit the old pumping and softening works
here http://www.hants.gov.uk/twt/index.html , no ion exchange, reverse
osmosis here, just add lime to the water in Victorian times).

The water company were more interested/concerned that I was fitting a double
check valve on the incoming main than what I was attaching.