geoff merryweather

Default OT Harbor Freight HVLP spray equipment

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 01:15:03 GMT, jim wrote:

thanks for the info on the Har. freight sprayer.. you did automobile
spray painting with it??? if so please advise me how it came out.... i
need to paint a rubber bumper and metal fender on a 2001 honda... the
only sprayer i have ever used was a $19.95 gun and compressor that i
bought from one of the old time dept. stores( Woolco) which went out of
business in the 1970/s. i use it to paint some Enamel paint on a 75
datsun pickup truck sheet metal that goes under its front bumper.....
had to do it three times, but finally got it to look pretty good....
did you use the modern paint and a clear coat next with this sprayer....
everyone i talk to that does spray painting says that you need a big
compressor and a $1500 gun......hope they are wrong... how did your
paint job come out, which paint did you use(enamel, lacquor, or other..
thanks for a reply.)....

For what it is worth, I have a couple of spraygusns. One came with
one of those 5 piece "free" kits I got with a 2hp compressor. I use it
only for primer these days, but I managed to paint a van with it.
The other is a gravity feed Wellmade (inspiriing name eh) gun. This
thing rocks and does a great job. Gravity feed guns are easier to
clean than siphon feed ones IMO.
The 2 hp (~9cfm nominal) compressor is marginal for a spraygun for
anything bigger than a small spot touchup. 12cfm minimum
Geoff