Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Hull

Default Mystery metal

In article ,
"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote:

My CD V-720 Fallout Detection Meter - Yellow with meter and cool reverse
handle -
uses two D's for the Ion chamber - and is capable of 0-5, 0-50, 0-500 R/h.
Oak Ridge called it a CDV-720 Ion Chamber survey meter -

It is powered up and in standby in the shop. Routinely scan bulk metal that
I get
because it might come from anywhere - and the scrap for it from anywhere.
Some from China. So far so good. Not that I'm really worried - it is just
nice to
have a toy like this since I was in Physics myself.

You have a War meter, it is not sensitive enough for the task. You need
a survey meter to read lower levels.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/