Old Nick

Default Drilling metal control panel advice...

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:40:17 +0100, "John Manders"
wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

I would agree but....

Would you use a QMax for 3mm steel? They struggle with half that. The
poster said max 1/8th inch. Pretty hefty. I think to ponch this would
take serious dies and a lot of force.

However, it would also be a military grade panel...........but it is
an arcade item and might need to be....G

I have always relied on hole punches for this sort of job. They produce
clean neat holes to a close tolerance and are relatively cheap. They are
known as Q max cutters here in UK. I'm sure you have a similar product in
USA. They consist of a punch and a die with a bolt to force the punch into
the die. see here for an example.
http://www.glrmodelsupplies.com/GLR/html/odds.html
They are available up to 2.25" at least and in both metric and imperial
sizes.

John

Whenever you have to prove to yourself that you are
not something, you probably are.

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

!!
")