Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
redice

Default Grizzly tools Good or not so good?

Ya its changing the belt over to the other side of the pullies, however
thats one thing I did end up doing as it came the lowest speed was 90
with the change its 50 something. I would find out if the grizzlie had
those pullies or not before buying them because it is nice to have the
choice of speeds like that. Oh and I don't know what the slot for my
toolpost is but I now know its not AXA or BXA I ended up taking the BXA
base and milling it down to fit which is nice since I was able to make
it a bit tighter than what the one that came with it was. But still
annoying by the standpoint that it doesnt seem to be a standard slot.
And if I didn't have acess to a mill it would have been real fun/costly
to get a quickchange toolpost onto my lathe.

Another thing the dials use allen wrenches to loosen/tighen Im planning
to make thumscrews to replace those since I tend to use my dials quite
substantialy when cutting anything precision.