Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,alt.building.construction
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Difference between concrete sealer and concrete paint?

"Calvin Henry-Cotnam" wrote in message
om...
James \Cubby\ Culbertson ) said...

Wrong. While a majority of household dust is shedded skin cells, bare
concrete is a significant source of dust. I am not sure why this is so,
and it has little to do with traffic, so a crawlspace would be just as
prone to concrete dust as a travelled section of floor.

Seal the concrete - it makes a difference.

--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
"I really think Canada should get over to Iraq as quickly as possible"

Interesting. I would think you would need some abrasion activity going on
to create the dust. In a crawl space that is used so little, I wouldn't
think that would occur much. Does concrete just "flake" off (for lack of
better wording) on it's own? I've seen old homes where the basements were
covered in dust coming from the floors above. The cloth on the joists
solved that problem. Of course, I don't recall what was on the floor.
Cheers,
cc