Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff Wisnia

Default Spring Constant

Leo Lichtman wrote:
"ff" wrote: That's why we *drive* on a *parkway* and *park* on a
*driveway*.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And send shipments by car, and cargo by ship.

Those are examples of a criss-crossed sentence structure called
"chiasmus", where the order of words (or parts of words) are reversed
with good effect.

I've always liked this one by Churchill, which IIRC he used when an
early allied battle victory made it appear that the Nazi army wasn't
invincible after all.

"Now this is not the end.
It is not even the beginning of the end.
But it is, perhaps,
the end of the beginning."

But my all time favorite is attributed to Dorothy Parker (1893 - 1967)
who said,

"I've been too ****ing busy and vise versa."

More at:

http://www.chiasmus.com/