Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

Default Built in gas oven under a inset gas hob

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:55:41 +0000, Owain wrote:

Chris Cowley wrote:
How does one go about installing a built-in gas oven with an built-in
inset gas hob in the worktop above it in a compliant way?
The Gas Safety Regulations seem to imply that both the oven and the hob
must have fixed pipework. The only possible way I can think of doing
this would be to connect the oven first (access through the hole in the
worktop above - dead easy) then attach enough fixed pipework to the hob
itself for it to be lowered down and somehow threaded around the units
and the oven to meet up with an isolation valve somewhere accessible (in
the void below the oven perhaps).

Well duh, knock a hole through the wall from the lounge and do it that
way innit!

(No, I don't know seriously. I suspect the likes of Mr Sirret do it with
very skilled pipework.)

I;d make a hole in the adjecent cupboard with a hole saw just enough to
let tighten/undo and compression nut on the 8mm pipewoirk. But this may be
much harder than it takes to write about it.