Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Cowley

Default Built in gas oven under a inset gas hob

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:41:17 GMT, John Stumbles
wrote:

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:18:48 +0000, Chris Cowley wrote:

On the last (and only) such combo I installed IIRC I used a flexible for
the oven. This was either recommended or at least not forbidden in the
manufacturer's instructions.

The instructions for the oven in this case state "Connection with
flexible metallic pipes - mainland Europe only". The only option given
for UK installs is "Connection with rigid metallic pipe".

However, it does recommend 8mm copper tube (and the oven is supplied
with an 8mm to 1/2" BSP nut and olive). As 8mm is fairly "bendy", I
guess I could leave enough extra for the oven to be pulled out the 200mm
or so to allow the union nut to be connected before pushing the whole
shebang into place, but I am not sure if doing that would be frowned
upon or not.
--
Chris Cowley