Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian_m

Default Ariston washing machine very noisy, ideas?

"Phil" wrote in message
Hello,

SNIP

Its the bearing, my Ariston LB12T did the same, unbelievable rumble noise
during spin. Basically the rear drum sealed leaked water into the bearing
which rusted. It cost £21 a replacement kit two bearings + seal from Ebay.
If you get them out they are "standard" bearing, number on the outer ring,
can be got from http://rswww.com for instance, though you will need a new
seal.

Basically loosen nut on rear of pulley, tap with wooden mallet to push drum
spindle through bearings, remove the "spider", take to garage and bash the
sh*te out of it using shaped bits of wood to remove the bearings (or use a
bearing puller). Push the new bearings back into the "spider" (I used a
workmate and suitable bits of wood to not damage the bearings, change seal
(grease with silicone grease), attach spider, attach pulley, add belt and
listen to the silence of the machine compared to before.....