Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Garden Tractor Batteries

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:18:18 -0600, (m Ransley)
wrote:

Charge it by voltage, I think 12.65v-12.8 is full charge, clean the case
good with soap and water a dirty case conducts electricity alowing it to
self discharge. Always keep it charged or the plates sulfate and life is

I think it is fast recharges that cause sulfating. That might be a
likely result of letting a battery get discharged and recharging it
with a high amp charger, or by the tractor itself (I don't know what
output the tractor has). Best to recharge as slowly as feasible. But
it's not letting the battery get or sit discharged that is the actual
cause of sulfating.

shortened. Put in distilled water if it is low and not sealed. Clean the
inside of the tractor terminals and battery terminals. If it is new just
check voltage.