Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

Default making dogs and things for made bench holes

I know a lot of people make a big deal out of bench dogs. I found a nice,
small maple bench for a good price. The dog holes were 3/8 inches. I wasn't
going to put much money into this bench. I will save that for when I have
sufficient room and funds.

So I just cut off some 3/8 inch bolts. There were holes in the end vise to
match the dog holes in the bench. So four bolts will hold almost anything I
need to do. I cut a set of four short bolts and four long bolts.

I forget what I paid for the bolts. But it was much less than what Rob Lee
charges for his fine breeds of bench canines.