Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

Default Anyone with experience of using LEDs for display lighting?

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:49:22 GMT, "." wrote:

|Dave Fawthrop wrote:
| On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 19:35:26 GMT, "." wrote:
|
| Dave Fawthrop wrote:
| On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:31:18 GMT, "." wrote:
|
| Dave Fawthrop wrote:
|
| White LEDs are very *white*
|
| Which is what *I* see.
|
| IME they are very /blue/
|
| snip
|
| What you are seeing is the *difference* between the light sources.
|
| what I'm seeing is different wavelengths given out by those
| lightsources
|
| very blue, very cold.
|
| Colour is a very personal thing
|
| it's totally impersonal, measured in Kelvin's.
|
| Kelvins are a *temperature* scale.
| http://www.windows.ucar.edu/earth/At...re/kelvin.html
|
|oh, dear, poor dave :-(
|
|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature

Colour temperature is totally inappropriate for measuring the wavelengths
light from LEDs. What colour temperature is a green LED?

http://www.theledlight.com/5mmcoloredleds.html
5mm Violet LEDs - 5mm Blue LEDs - 5mm Blue-Green LEDs - 5mm Green LEDs -

5mm Yellow-Green LEDs - 5mm Yellow LEDs - 5mm Orange LEDs - 5mm Red-Orange
LEDs - 5mm Amber LEDs - 5mm Red LEDs Toshiba LEDs