Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil

Default Ariston washing machine very noisy, ideas?

Hello,

We have an Ariston washing machine that makes a lot of noise that 'sounds'
like it could be bearing related.
The amount noise is relative to the drum rotation, so when it's on full spin
it sounds like a very loud constant sandy rumble.
I can't think of another way to describe it. There don't seem to be any
obstructions, but without looking between the drum
and the outer skin I can't tell.

I've taken the back off the machine and removed the belt. The motor turns
smoothly by hand, the bearing on the back
of the drum doesn't seem to have any play in it. By turning the drum by
hand I notice the rumble is more towards the
front of the machine.

Is there a bearing that supports the front of the drum?
Is that the likely cause?

I'm wanting to repair this myself, but I don't know what order I need to do
a strip down and rebuild.
It looks fairly involved, but I'm willing to put the
Anyone know of some good online resources for service manuals, and spares?

Finally I don't have the model number handy (I'll find that tonight), but
it was made in 2002.

Thanks in advance,

Phil