Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Anyone with experience of using LEDs for display lighting?

In article ,
Dave Fawthrop wrote:
Colour is a very personal thing, we all see colours differently, and
only know that red is red because we were taught that as children.
When I was a kid at school, we had a talk from a bloke from the then ICI
Dyestuffs Division. He had a simple sequence of deyed pieces of cloth
from light green to dark brown, and another single patch which we had to
match against one of the set. We all matched the singleton to
different places in the sequence. That has stuck with me for mumble
years.

Best one is to get some form of light box - or even a decent CRT - where
you can adjust RGB to give any colour. Then try and match a narrow band
light source like the old sodium street lighting. No two people will agree.

--
*Aim Low, Reach Your Goals, Avoid Disappointment *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.