Posted to uk.d-i-y
Holly, in France

Default Offers from Axminster Power Tools

Andy Hall wrote:
On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 00:07:38 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"

Women like having the small power screwdrivers in the kitchen drawer.

Generally true.

Glad you said generally :-)

A couple of years ago B&Q had a range of slightly
smaller than normal hand cordless tools in two shades of purple which
they openly targetted for female users. These vanished quite
quickly, and I don't think that it was in exchange for cash.

Hmm, small might be Ok but I couldn't do purple!

Protrade have a deal on a Makita 12v combi drill

Now *that's* what you want in the kitchen drawer. Funnily enough though,
ours doesn't live there.

with 3 batteries,
for £199 + VAT, but they throw in a Makita impact driver for free.
So, the two of them are then reasonable.

We bought this set recently. 270 euro IIRC so about the same price, I
mentioned it at the time.

Yes, although while 12v is reasonable for an impact driver, it is on
the light side for a combi driver.

Yes, there is a noticeable difference between this and our other one,
which I think is 14.4V but might be more, can't be bothered to go and
have a look. The 12V one is good though, and a bit smaller, which I
like. Neither are as good as the ancient Panasonic though. If I were
buying one just for myself I would definitely go for the 12V one.

--
Holly, in France
Gite to let in Dordogne, now with pool.