Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Default what happens when gas runs out

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"tim (in sweden)" wrote in message

It really annoys me when I see these property programs criticise a small
flat with perfectly adequate for the size of the property NSRs because
"it needs GCH installing".

Night storage rads are basically crap. They tend to be big and don't give
out heat when you want it.

Oh dear.

I am in agreement with this idiot. Perhaps he has learned a few things
since he was IMM.

Night stores wake you up at night having made the room unbearably warm.
So you open a window and try and arrange the bed to be a little less
heat retentive. All while you are half asleep. Then you get up and open
a few more windows and heat the planet until late morning when you can
start closing them.

By mid afternoon you will have the windows closed on a cold day and by
evening the time that most single occupants normally come in from work,
you need to wrap up -as the storage has unstored its heat.

They are a monstrous waste of sleep, health, energy and space. If you
need to block up all the ventilation in the home, you are going to be a
sick puppy when the asian flu comes. And it will be here sooner or
later.

Get your sinuses sorted out pdq if you want to survive. Plenty of fresh
air, exercise, fresh food and balanced meals. And you could still be a
gonner this time next year.