Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
W Canaday

Default (sorta) gloat

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:04:31 -0600, Henry St.Pierre wrote:

Bill,
Like I said, "I'm not a Witness". If anyone was to sic a dog on my
mother (age 88), or my sister (age 61), or any other person not doing them
harm and I became aware of it; a cane would be the least of their worries.
Hank

AT this point in time, all that is left is revenge and, for us, revenge
isn't an option. Self-defense, however, is another matter entirely.

And just to keep Tony happy, the stick is made up of laminated wood and
was the object of a finishing question in a separate thread. "Defense"
and 'show' are the reasons for the cane .. but wood is its material and
turning is (the bulk of) its method. I think that is sufficient to
establish the relevancy of this thread to this newsgroup. I am certain
I've seen less relevant threads go unquestioned.

Bill