Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default water pressure coming in to the house

"Myrna" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, I did surely err when describing what is going on. I looked at my
notes and this is the story: in my town the pressure is high so my
house has a pressure reducer. The plumber said the reducer is not
reducing enough and it's borderline whether we should replace it. I
think the pressure was around 70 and he said 60 was optimum. All this
being said, do you think we should do this job? I don't think it's
something we can do ourselves.

My previous home had about 110 lbs of pressure coming into the house, and no
pressure regulator. There were no problems with pipes or appliances. If you
have a pipe fitting that's marginal, it's obvious that higher water pressure
will make that fitting fail sooner than later. But, that doesn't necessarily
mean you need to worry about it.