Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wayne mak

Default Just bought a Rockwell horizontal mill

Thank you
When I did a search in yahoo groups for "rockwell mill" it came back as no
clubs, I realy did think their would be a yahoo group
"Clif Holland" wrote in message
rockwellmillingmachine

Clif Holland KA5IPF
www.avvid.com

"wayne mak" wrote in message
I will have to look again I didn't see one with yahoo.
"Clif Holland" wrote in message
Yahoo has a Rockwell Mill group. Not many members but all have them and
very informative.

--

Clif Holland KA5IPF
www.avvid.com

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 20:08:10 -0600, "Mike Henry"
wrote:

"wayne mak" wrote in message
Are there any online groups for these mills? I came accross the mill
and
it looks like is was used just a few times, its as new as they get.
Doesn't come with much an arbor and a few 30 taper collets. The
condition
is what sold me, nothing like a new old machine. Any direction for
help
would be great. It will fit nice in the corner for an odd job from
time to
time.

I think that is a Rockwell Yahoo group, but it might be for lathes.
There
are lots of knowledgeable folks on the Practical Machinist web site so
it
may be worth while to post a note there, though the members tend to
focus on
the higher end tools.

At least one of the folks here has a Rockwell combined
horizontal/vertical
mill, so maybe he'll pop in with some comments.

Mike

The Hardinge Mill Yahoo group has a number of Rockwell owners. I sold
mine several years ago to a guy who owns a string of KFCs and he did a
masterful rebuild of it. ****ing marvelous

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3