Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Offers from Axminster Power Tools

I saw two sets of interesting offers from them this week.

One was for a Lamello Classic Biscuit Joiner that is 110v and being
bundled with a 110v site transformer for £189. A very good deal since
the joiner alone is normally some way north of £200.

More interesting was this week's email-shot entitled "Keeping Mum".
Yes it was their angle for Mother's Day. How did they manage to
connect it all?

"We're the first to admit that tools may not be at the top of Mum's
wish list. But by getting on with those jobs, you'll be sure to keep
Mum happy this Mother's Day"

There was even an oblique reference to "keeping mum" by the including
of an offer for a paper shredder.

Almost smooth, if a little sugary (and I am diabetic... )

However, any hopes that I might have had of selling this concept to
SWMBO were roundly dashed by there being a chainsaw slap bang in the
middle of the ad. This would make the level of risk far too high.

--

..andy

http://www.usenet.com