Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman

Default Removing Oil Stains from concrete driveway?

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 08:00:49 -0500, "James Nipper"
wrote:

I had a car oil leak for a long while. I got rid of the car, but there was
some oil accumulation underneath where it was parked. I used a degreaser to
break up the oil, which did a good job. Of course , there is a wide area
of driveway left stained.

What is a good product to remove the remaining oil stains ??

Thanks for any tips !!

--James--

Not really. The classic cleanup is to use cheap clay kitty litter.
Crush it into the concrete while wearing heavy boots. Sweep it up the
next day. The longer the oil sat on the concrete, the deeper the
stain will be. Try using the de greaser again. A pressure washer is
a good tool to clean concrete. Aren't concrete driveways supposed to
have stains???