Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ken Moon

Default As promised - My Olive tree

"Moshe Eshel" wrote in message
ups.com...
A bit late but here are the pics I promised.
http://www.eshel.us/OliveTree/index.html

I apologize for the quality and the banners (not popups) over which I
have no control. I hope to make a better website one day soon.

What you see is the olive tree (before and after), the tools used (my
"truck" and saw), Some beautifull view from my village (which is
actauly located inside a huge Olive grove). and some more pics - all
from the process of taking down the tree.

I hope you enjoy, please ask anything - maybe give suggestions for
interesting projects (remember I have a small lathe :-( , but if
someone has a realy amazing idea, I might convince Eli Avisera to try
it...)

All the best from Israel
Moshe Eshel

========================

Moshe,
I was trying NOT to be jealous when you told about getting a whole olive
tree, but then you had to go and show the pictures!!! With that big root
ball, I'd get down to a place where it can be power washed to get the dirt
and rocks out. There should be even more dramatic grain and swirls there
than what you've shown here. I've only had an oportunity to turn olive one
time, as a birthday present for my wife's best friend several years ago, and
she still talks about it. Good luck with what you have; treat it well, and
keep us posted on how it turns out.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.