Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Chuck

Default As promised - My Olive tree

On 19 Mar 2006 08:30:11 -0800, "Moshe Eshel" wrote:

A bit late but here are the pics I promised.
http://www.eshel.us/OliveTree/index.html

Moshe,

Nice pictures. You've got some gorgeous wood there, with some very
intersting color and grain. I've turned some olive from California
and it is a real joy to turn, and SO aromatic, you want to eat the
shavings! My experience with this wood has been that it likes to
crack, like many fruit woods do. You may want to process it into at
least half-logs and end seal it as soon as you possibly can to avoid
uncontrolled checking. Have fun with it, I know you will!

Your 4-legged helper looks very friendly, too.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget