Posted to misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Green

Default OT-camera batteries? Olympus C-3000

On 19/03/06 4:35 AM, Gunner wrote:

Is this what I want?
http://cgi.ebay.com/MAHA-MH-C204F-CHARGER-w-AA-Batteries-Kit-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ7600147921QQcategoryZ64349QQtcZphotoQ QcmdZViewItem

You need the NiMH batteries for sure and I can highly recommend that
particular charger as I have been using the same model for almost three
years now with no problems. I even have one set of my original NiMH
batteries that came with it and they are still going strong!

The secret is in correctly 'conditioning' the batteries. I condition at
every fifth charge and I made labels that I attach to the base of the
charger and put a check mark in a box every time I charge a set (keep
the batteries in sets if you have more than four!) Once I get to the
fifth charge I press the buttons to condition the set and leave it to do
it's job.

The other nice thing about that charger is that you can also charge AAA
NiMH cells with it and charge either two or four cells at a time. I use
AA cells in my Olympus C-2040 camera (two sets of four so that I can
keep a set charged and ready to go) and AAA cells in the multitude of
portable MP3 and CD players the kids have.

You will also find that it takes a couple of charge/discharge cycles for
the cells to come up to full capacity so don't be surprised if they
don't seem to last very long when you first get them. They will get
better with use!

HTH.

--
Larry Green