Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager

Default How to throw away obsolete electronics

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 20:45:53 UTC, raden wrote:

1500 labels for a fiver...not pukka Avery, but good quality. I can
afford a bit of wastage, since 10,000 cost me about 33 quid.

or 10,000 fanfold labels for ยท50

err ... no contest

Perhaps there is...

As for cartridges, I get 6000 pages for 25 quid. That's with original HP
toners off eBay. Comparable with the cost of ribbons these days...page
for page

But it's obviously dependent on your usage...!

And the fact that I can need anything from one label to 100+

... at the click of a mouse button without messing around feeding sheets
of paper in, pulling one label off, putting paper back, somehow (I don't
know how) to start at label number 2 of a sheet

Exactly. As I said, it depends on usage. I usually print lots at once,
so average wastage is only half a sheet.

I still want the dot matrix..really must get on with the robot crane!
Can't find the instructions though...basically you use the carriage
motor to slew the jib, and the platen roller as a winding drum...