Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

Default How to throw away obsolete electronics

In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 20:01:22 UTC, raden wrote:

If its a dot matrix, you`d be surprised at what they sell for on
ebay these days !

Who on earth wants them?!

Someone like me who needs labels

They do them for laser printers as well, these days...and inkjets!

I still keep one just in case, though!

So ... A box of Avery labels for ú25 ? (not forgetting the cost of the
cartridges). If I want 7 labels that's a sheet gone

1500 labels for a fiver...not pukka Avery, but good quality. I can
afford a bit of wastage, since 10,000 cost me about 33 quid.

or 10,000 fanfold labels for ú50

err ... no contest

Perhaps there is...

As for cartridges, I get 6000 pages for 25 quid. That's with original HP
toners off eBay. Comparable with the cost of ribbons these days...page
for page

But it's obviously dependent on your usage...!

And the fact that I can need anything from one label to 100+

.... at the click of a mouse button without messing around feeding sheets
of paper in, pulling one label off, putting paper back, somehow (I don't
know how) to start at label number 2 of a sheet

Some of us have other things to do

--
geoff