Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager

Default How to throw away obsolete electronics

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 20:01:22 UTC, raden wrote:

If its a dot matrix, you`d be surprised at what they sell for on
ebay these days !

Who on earth wants them?!

Someone like me who needs labels

They do them for laser printers as well, these days...and inkjets!

I still keep one just in case, though!

So ... A box of Avery labels for ú25 ? (not forgetting the cost of the
cartridges). If I want 7 labels that's a sheet gone

1500 labels for a fiver...not pukka Avery, but good quality. I can
afford a bit of wastage, since 10,000 cost me about 33 quid.

or 10,000 fanfold labels for ú50

err ... no contest

Perhaps there is...

As for cartridges, I get 6000 pages for 25 quid. That's with original HP
toners off eBay. Comparable with the cost of ribbons these days...page
for page

But it's obviously dependent on your usage...!