Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Problem with digital thermostat

wrote in message
ups.com...
My digital thermostat does not seem to be working. It will not click on
to tell my furnace to heat the house. I have replaced the batteries and
that didnt help, checked all my breakers and they are all fine. I use
hot water to heat my house and i am still getting hot water so i am
sure that it is probably not a problem with the furnace itself. any
suggestions? it is 4am here on a sunday morning and i dont want to call
in a service repairman if it is something that i could do myself and
that i may not be thinking of checking. any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Could be the thermostat. Could be a relay on the heater. Could be a few
things.
If it is a simple two wire thermostat, you can remove it, touch the two
wires together and if the heater starts, it is the thermostat. If no, it is
something else.