Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Problem with digital thermostat

wrote:
My digital thermostat does not seem to be working. It will not click
on to tell my furnace to heat the house. I have replaced the
batteries and that didnt help, checked all my breakers and they are
all fine. I use hot water to heat my house and i am still getting hot
water so i am sure that it is probably not a problem with the furnace
itself. any suggestions? it is 4am here on a sunday morning and i
dont want to call in a service repairman if it is something that i
could do myself and that i may not be thinking of checking. any
suggestions would be appreciated.

I am going to guess this one is going to call for a visit from your
heating professional.

The only thing I can think of that is easy to do and may work would be
to remove the batteries from the thermostat and then turn the power off to
the furnace. Leave it off for say 10 minutes, then turn it back on and
replace the batteries. Maybe it will start back up, maybe not. Likely not,
but it is easy and safe to do.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit