Posted to misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Henry

Default OT-camera batteries? Olympus C-3000

"Gunner" wrote in message
I was fortunate enough this week, to swap for a minty Olympus C-3000
Zoom digital camera with 128meg smart media. Friend of mine is
upgrading to hip slick and cool wonder camera

Having had some very elderly digital cameras...this thing blows me
away. And its obsolete...chuckle...but is way way cool and will do
EVERYTHING I need a camera to do for me.

I didnt get any batteries with it..he uses nicads and kept them, So I
loaded it up with fresh Alkalines..and got about 10 daylight pictures
out of them....damn thats a battery hungry *******!!!

So Ive been doing some research on digital camera batts this evening,
along with chargers etc

It would appear that everyone is pushing Nickle metal hydride
rechargables.

Which for me..is better..NIMH or NiCads? It may be weeks or longer
before I need to take any pictures and am worried about the self
discharge of the NiMH batts

On the other hand..NiCads appear to be only 800mah at best, based on
ebay descriptions

On the gripping hand...NiMH appear to have over twice the amp hour
rating..1800 is average for AAs, going up to 2500 mah

Is this what I want?
http://cgi.ebay.com/MAHA-MH-C204F-CHARGER-w-AA-Batteries-Kit-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ7600147921QQcategoryZ64349QQtcZphotoQ QcmdZViewItem

Or do I want to buy nicads and a smart charger with a conditioner
circuit?

Any input would be appreciated.

Also..anyone have one of these cameras AND the proper AC wall wart? I
need to know the voltage and polarity. The manual I downloaded didnt
have any specs

snip

I've been using a Maha charger and NiMH batteries for several years for the
external flash on my digicam and have had no problems whatsoever. The
batteries seem to hold a charge for several weeks or more.

Mike