Posted to uk.d-i-y
Edward W. Thompson

Default FENSA Self Certification

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 13:16:29 GMT, Stuart Noble
wrote:

Edward W. Thompson wrote:
I recently had 'replacement' Windows (PVCu) and a front door fitted by
a FENSA registered company. The windows were fine but the front door
leaks like a sieve as is does not completely mate with the seals
either outer or inner. The simple reason is the door is slightly
'warped

I don't think pvc doors "warp" but, if the frame was distorted during
installation, it would look that way

Let me put it another way, when a straight edge is put up against the
door, the door is bowed. I thought warp means bent out of shape,
perhaps I am wrong :-)!

With respect to the FENSA web site, it tells you precisely nothing.
It certainly does not indicate, as far as I can see, what 'self
certification' means and how Companies given FENSA registration are
controlled for compliance, whatever compliance really means.