Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Cliff Top

Default help with pioneer fault codes plz?

Not sure if it'll be a fault code. Usually if a belt is slipping and
doesn't shift the mechanism from mode to mode quick enough, the micro will
detect the 'error' condition.
Its also worth checking the switches along the top edge of the cassette
since corroded contacts/ contact bounce will also cause problems

AW

"Dave" wrote in message
I have a Pioneer system with a tape deck (CT-P930WR) which refuses to
play tapes. Upon pressing the play button, it seems to attempt to play
each side of both decks unsucessfully. While this is happening, the
yellow led above the APSC button flashes 8 times. I assume this is a
fault code that may help to reveal the problem...? I realise this is
quite ancient by todays standards, but I have a couple of tapes I
would love to transfer to CD, and this machine is the only thing I
have with a 'line out'. It would be great if I could get it working
again, if only briefly.
Anyone possibly know what the code might mean?

Thanks in advance,

Dave.