Posted to rec.woodworking
C&S

Default Another Electrical question

I have a two-headed extension cord that feeds my BS and jointer. It cost me
about $20 in material to make. If you have an electrical supply place near
by they have some much nicer stuff than the borg. They had some really nice
heavy weight (10 or 12 gauge) with a thick but soft plyable rubber outer
casing that makes a very nice tool cord. IIRC is was only 27cents/ft.

The female end is just a metal box with two 220V recepticles. Simple an
effective.

-Steve

"stoutman" .@. wrote in message
As I posted in another thread I am wiring my garage for 220V for my new
bandsaw. I will eventually be buying a new table saw in the future (once
SWBO forgets about the bandsaw purchase).

I am trying to determine how I would feed the TS power from the same

outlet.
Of course I will not be running the two at the same time. I'm not as

think
as you stupid I am!

Could I make my own extension cord from #10 and run it through some

flexible
conduit? Does the metal flexible conduit need to be grounded?

Thanks

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com