Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Default Help finding old router part

That works fine for those that can find a place like that. Trouble is, most
of these schools (in WA at least) get government funding so they can not do
outside work. The private schools can do so.

"Jerry S" wrote in message
Jerry S

Jon and others in need of this part or other parts: There is another
possible solution. I had the part made at my local vocational school.
It was made in steel with just a slight modification relative to the
original part. Their practice is to charge $7 to $10 an hour (I forget
the exact amount) if the work is extensive; otherwise, the part is made
without expense to you. They and you both win ; they get a project and
you get your replacement part. The practicality of the approach depends
upon the proximity of your vocational school.