Posted to alt.electronics
Tater Schuld

Default changing from 1.5V battery to 9V battery

"GuitarPsych" wrote in message
. ..
I have a very simple circuit that I run an electric guitar signal through
and I'm thinking of modifying it from a 1.5 V battery to a 9V battery.
What modifications do I need to do to the circuit? (I am obviously a
beginner).

rather than question why you would want to do so, I'll suggest an answer.

I assume you either want to have all your gear run off one power supply, or
you want to keep buying only one type battery(I suggest the single supply
idea, as batteries add up).

I don't think a LM78015 (does this exists?) would do it as the input voltage
would be too high and cause a lot of juice to be lost due to heat (and
lessen the life of your battery a LOT)

tell us what the power usage in milliamps is and maybe you could just use a
simple resistor voltage splitter.

I can almost bet that someone is going to suggest a DC-DC converter that is
a 1000 times more complicated that what you need.

in fact. here's the circuit you need......2 resistors tied in series. one
resistor will be 6 times the size of the smaller resistor. the smaller
resistor needs to equal the total resistance of the circuit in question,
which you calculate using ohms law and the current capabilities of the
circuit that needs the 1.5 volts.

corrections anyone?