Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default How to throw away obsolete electronics

Andy Hall wrote:
On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 19:31:53 GMT, Gully Foyle
wrote:

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 19:12:22 +0000, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 17:23:31 +0000, Daniel Santos
wrote:

I have to throw away an old printer and a portable radio and
cassete player. But I don't want to just send it to the garbage.
What would you do ?

Our local tip^h^h^hdomestic waste site has a special container for
electronic stuff. I think someone strips the good stuff out.

I took two old but working monitors to the local tip a few weeks back
and was told that new council regulations stated that only one
monitor could be brought to the tip per household per week! When I
blinked at this he said "I'm not looking - put them over there"

I'm convinced that these tip guys make up the "rules" as they go
along.

It gives them the opportunity to wield some power ranging from flat
refusal to making their customers bow and scrape to getting eternal
thanks that they allowed the "rules" to be bent.

--

.andy

http://www.usenet.com

It all started when they got wheels on the bins.
In my day it was a cast iron bin in the wall that they had to hook out and
sling it on their back,empty it and then hump it back to where it belonged.
:-(

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite