Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Henry

Default MSC buys J&L

"Karl Townsend" remove .NOT wrote in
message ink.net...

J&L's stores are nice but their mail order business needs a good kick in
the
ass. And who better to do it than MSC. I'll bet they'll turn them
around like they did Enco.

In the end, I bet we (consumers) are the losers here. Competion is a good
thing. Now Enco, MSC, and J&L compete with themselves.

J&L 25% off sales had become so common, that was only way I purchased. My
son, who buys $20K in tooling at a time, routinely got really special
deals.

I'll bet the 25% off specials will become a thing of the past, though J&L's
retail prices were high enough that it only came out to 10-15 % off most
other vendors prices in the end, maybe less after shipping was added. Too
bad they weren't bought by McMaster-Carr, whose web site is far easier to
use.

Mike

--
http://NewsGuy.com/overview.htm 30Gb $9.95 Carry Forward and On Demand Bandwidth