Posted to alt.electronics
Jasen Betts

Default changing from 1.5V battery to 9V battery

On 2006-03-17, GuitarPsych wrote:

It is a very simple circuit, 9
resistors and 4 capacitors. I'm just wondering in general what
modifications I would need to do if, on the diagram it lists a 1.5V
battery and I want to use a 9V battery. Would I raise/lower the values
of certain resistors/capacitors? Would I need to do anything?

some,or all, of the parts may need to be changed if you want to feed the
circuit directly from 9V.

typically resistors are increased and capacitors relaced with ones designed
to handlle the higher voltages but keeping the signal path essentially the
same... without knowing how the parts are interconnected I can't guess which
ones you should change.

--

Bye.
Jasen