Posted to rec.woodworking
George E. Cawthon

Default Is Latex Acrylic Paint Safe for a Baby Cradle?

LineVoltageHalogen wrote:
I am making a baby cradle for my first born (coming in June) and I am
using Poplar for its strength. My wife wants it painted white and I
was wondering if standard beny moore acrylic is ok to use? My concerns
are for the baby and if he starts chewing on the wood etc?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

TFD

Yes! But why would you want to use Latex. You
want a hard, smooth paint that you can wipe down
with water and disinfectant. That means and oil
paint, probably an enamel. Your best bet for easy
of use and application is probably Krylon spray
paint.

You will get arguments but basically any current
paint is baby safe as soon as it is cured.