Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default A few pennies here and there...

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 09:45:23 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

I've often had lower estimates than the meter suggests. Should I
complain?

I don't complain, but I certainly phone them to correct it. Saves nasty
surprises later.

Well, we don't get surprises because we pay by DD and any annual adjustments
are made later. Sometimes it's in our favour, sometimes not.

I'm essentially idle, my life's too important to spend time on calculations
and petty savings.

I completely agree. I spend about 15 mins on this twice a year and
make a supplier change if there is a substantial saving to be made.
Typically, given a certain pattern of use which doesn't vary, there is
not much point once one has found a well matched tariff.

I found yesterday that theoretically I could save about £20 a year by
switching from Powergen to NPower. However, from past experience,
Npower has inept customer service and regularly made errors of
reporting and calculation, so are not worth the maintenance overhead.

It is another reason for paying short of their request - gives me a
better negotiating position in the event of errors and poor customer
service.

I read today that most people don't spend more than 30 minutes preparing
their evening meal. The time saved is spent watching TV cooks (and other
programmes of course), it seems ... I was very amused by that.

Given the packaged rubbish that supermarkets sell, I am surprised that
most manage this long.

I prefer not to live life vicariously - in all aspects.

Where did the vicar come into this?

--

..andy

http://www.usenet.com