Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default A few pennies here and there...

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

I've often had lower estimates than the meter suggests. Should I
complain?

I don't complain, but I certainly phone them to correct it. Saves nasty
surprises later.

Well, we don't get surprises because we pay by DD and any annual adjustments
are made later. Sometimes it's in our favour, sometimes not.

I'm essentially idle, my life's too important to spend time on calculations
and petty savings.

I read today that most people don't spend more than 30 minutes preparing
their evening meal. The time saved is spent watching TV cooks (and other
programmes of course), it seems ... I was very amused by that.

I prefer not to live life vicariously - in all aspects.