Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Is Latex Acrylic Paint Safe for a Baby Cradle?

"LineVoltageHalogen" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am making a baby cradle for my first born (coming in June) and I am
using Poplar for its strength. My wife wants it painted white and I
was wondering if standard beny moore acrylic is ok to use? My concerns
are for the baby and if he starts chewing on the wood etc?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Any finish sold today is going to be lead free. Any finish sold today will
be considered non-toxic when cured. Maybe some are better to eat than
others though, so check with the manufacturer if you want more detailed
information.