Gunner

Default How do you adjust the cutter bit on Aloris Tool Holders

On 18 Oct 2003 09:58:03 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

If this grind is done with back angle, then the
cutting tool has both side, and back rake as
well. Many folks feel that back rake is essential
to good cutting, I've never found that to be true.

If you make a sharp rake angle and keep it very short, it works as a
modereatly decent chip breaker. I often do this and make it deep and
keep the rake area only about 3/16" long at most.

Gunner

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle
behind each blade of grass." --Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto