Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

Default Small fuses? Mastech HY3005

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 06:04:36 +0000, (DoN.
Nichols) wrote:

According to Don Foreman :
On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:42:16 GMT, Ignoramus2206
wrote:

[ ... ]

Is it true that for copper plating, all I need is copper sulphate
(sulfate), and a copper anode? Also, can steel be copper plated? If
so, I would like to try that first.

I have done it years ago with copper sulphate, but I was
copper-cladding carbons. I don't know if it would work on steel.

It will work so easily that if you just dip a clean bright nail
into the copper sulfate with no anode, and no current, you will get a
light copper plate on the steel. I did that back in junior high school,
IIRC.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Try scrubbing that to see how adherent it is.