Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Charles Schuler

Default cellphone qu estion

"Mike Muderick" wrote in message
news:C2mSf.50610$Px4.19175@trnddc04...
If I leave my cell phone near my computer speakers I will hear occasional
buzzing, clicking, etc. Before the phone begins to ring, I hear a
dah..dah.daahhhhh. I know this is RF interference being picked up by the
amplifier in the speaker. If one were to record this sound with a
microphone at 11 or 22Khz, would it be possible to obtain any information
(usable signal) from the recorded audio?
Thanks,

The phone is periodically querying its environment as it programmed to do.
No, on a practical basis, the audio that you could record is not useful.