Gary Coffman

Default How do you adjust the cutter bit on Aloris Tool Holders

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 00:01:15 GMT, tomcas wrote:
One word of advice- don't buy the cheap Chinese holders like
Phase One brand. They are absolute crap. Invest in a real Aloris brand
and you will not regret it.

I don't know anything about "Phase One" brand, but I do know about
Phase II brand quickchange toolposts. They're fine. One machine
I own had an Aloris toolpost when I bought it, the other two have
Phase II toolposts. The holders are interchangeable, and I can't
find any operational differences between them. But there certainly
is a *price* difference, with the Aloris stuff selling for about 6 times
as much as the Phase II.

Gary