Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spudnuty

Default LCD monitor, white screen with vertical lines

Mr Fixit wrote:
"Mac" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hi folks,
I have a BenQ 567s V2 LCD monitor that is non-functional. It powers up
but the only picture I get is pure white with vertical red and blue lines.
While booting, however, I was able to read some of the on-screen text but
it's always fairly white. I disassembled the unit (observing all
precautions) but didn't find any loose connections.
I had sold the unit in working order but the buyer found it in this state
after shipping. It was well packed with gobs of bubble-wrap. I had him
ship it back. There are no signs of abuse inside or out.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
-Mac

Did you disassemble the display all the way down to inspect the
connections onto the display itself? or the display driver board? I
just worked on a Compaq laptop with LCD problems and the flex cable had
just popped off the display driver board in a number of places. It was
a soldering problem because I tested some of the components on that
same board and stopped because they would just pop off under the
slightest pressure.
Richard