Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default 7018 rod storage

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:38:41 GMT, "Karl Townsend"
remove .NOT wrote:

I just ordered some 11018 today.

Some project coming up - I had 8018 or 7018 - but not 'good' enough.

FWIW

I got about 500 lbs. of 11018 for sale...

I was at an auction three years ago. Whole wall of welding rod. Last item in
the room. Everybody moving to the next room. Auctioneer tried to sell one
cubby hole - choice. Nobody bid. So he said the whole wall. I bid $50 - no
more bids. EVERYBODY was ****ed, they thought he was still doing one
cubbyhole. Took my 1 ton truck to get it home.

I sorted out two rod ovens of stuff. One clear full of hardfacing and other
spcialty rod I could see a use for. I've still got a hundred cans of
specialty rod I don't know what its for...

I've been cutting both ends of the rod with a bolt biter and making apple
tree spreaders.

Karl

Where are you located Karl?

Gunner

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if
nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace
personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed,
the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of
defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see
police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line
of defense." --Walter Williams