Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek ^

Default Cordless doorbell - recommendations?

On 16 Mar 2006 01:57:58 -0800, "Fitz"
wrote:

Mark A wrote:
Derek ^ wrote:

What's an underload??

Mark, tnx for the explanation.

I think he meant under load. In other words the voltage when being used,
as opposed to the voltage produced when not connected to anything.

Have to say that we tried first a cheap wireless doorbell from B&Q in
my GF's place and it maybe worked half the time.

That's the problem we had with them. Very erratic performance. And
that was out of the box, with new batteries etc. I wouldn't bother
again. Wireless, schmireless!

My wireless "spike meat thermometer" apparently can't co-exist with my
wireless router, neither can my wireless "Chinese Weather Station".

We've currently got a fantastic 8" Swiss cow bell on it's original
thick leather strap which I'd like to use as a doorbell.

You could make a fortune bringing them in.

Can't quite decide the best way to ring it though. It has a clapper in
it so a simple swing would do it or something attached to the clapper
maybe.

Check out the setup they used to have in stately homes/country houses.

I'm erring on the side of mechanical wires and pulleys and a handle
outside rather than a complicated electric relay type solution

DG